One benefit of being plugged into a diverse scientific network is that a number of bursaries, scholarship and postgrad opportunities flit across my screen.
So here is a list. Please get hold of me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you know of more and I’ll add them to the list.
- There are a number of openings at the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation. “The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation strives to develop a diverse, enthusiastic team to achieve its goal of promoting the health and wellness of vulnerable individuals and communities, especially those at risk of HIV and TB.”
We are hiring 1 x RESEARCH DIRECTOR: Monitoring & Evaluation & 1 x RESEARCH DIRECTOR: Science Engagement & Gender https://t.co/jOvzxG5aFh
— HSRC.ac.za (@HSRCza) January 19, 2016
Astronomy scholarships: closing date for application for the ASSA / HartRAO scholarships administered by ASSA is… https://t.co/ea4eP9Niww
— SAASTA (@NRF_SAASTA) January 18, 2016
— NRF South Africa (@NRF_News) January 19, 2016
— Sarah Wild (@sarahemilywild) January 18, 2016
- Permanent job: SAASTA seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator on permanent basis to coordinate the science and technology awareness festivals project of the Department of Science and Technology within the Science Awareness Platform unit.
- Permanent job: Project Coordinator for Public Engagement with Biotechnology with SAASTA
- Interested in a masters or PhD in experimental particle physics? “I have a couple of available Masters/PhD position in experimental particle physics from a NRF grant here at the University of Witwatersrand. South African nationals are strongly preferred. For more information, interested candidates should email me ASAP.” deepak.kar at cern.ch
— EducationAmbassadors (@Edu_Ambassadors) January 6, 2016
RT 4 MSc bursaries (R80 000 annually) phylogeography of faunal biodiversity of Eastern Cape forests #iWantToStudy2016 apply email@example.com
— Nox Makunga (@noxthelion) January 7, 2016
— Sasol (@SasolSA) January 6, 2016
— AfricaAstronomy (@AfricaAstronomy) January 5, 2016
— Anina Mumm (@aninja_m) December 17, 2015
Bursary opportunity for 2016 academic year. pic.twitter.com/yCeoypq67V
— Tendai Joe (@Tendaijoe) January 9, 2016
- Lesedi N. Siswana: I need 6 Masters and 3 PhD students in Physics and Chemistry. I have funding for all those positions. The condition though is that they must all be South Africans. Those interested should send me their CV’s on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.The projects are in solar energy technologies, biomass energy technologies, wind energy technologies, energy efficiency and demand side management as well as smart energy systems. The students should be full time and ready to register in January 2016. Interviews will be conducted in early January. (Note from Sarah: Please only contact if you have the honours or masters degree necessary for these degrees.)
- Are you considering becoming a teacher? Not sure what the procedure or cost will be? Maybe you need some financial assistance. The Funza Lushaka Busary Programme gives you the chance to make your teaching dream come true.
- SAB provide bursaries to aid with the economic stability of the workforce in South Africa.Bursary candidates are expected to uphold high standards of learning, they must be eager and willing. They constantly seek deserving candidates with great talents. SAB takes into consideration the scarce skills as well as their business needs yearly for bursary awards. SAB provides financial support for bursars, in addition to a complete learning experience. (Full undergrad degree)